John Hinshaw is Boeing's Chief Information Officer and Vice Presidemt of Information Technology. Prior to Boeing, Hinshaw was CIO of Verizon Wireless and had a 14 year career within Verizon. Hinshaw has also worked as a consultant for Accenture, providing IT consultation for several large companies and government agencies.
Hinshaw has served as a board member of Men Stopping Violence and also served on the CIO advisory board of NCR Teradata.
When ITO asked John what his priorities for the IT organization at Boeing were, he replied, 'I've set six key priorities for the IT Team at Boeing,' Those priorities include:
- Simplify the IT environment
- Make sure systems are secure and controlled
- Look at systems from the end-users' perspective and improve the experience of employees, customers and partners when using systems
- Ensure strong IT support for the growth of Boeing
- Deliver innovation that improved productivity
- Make sure there is communications with, and investing in, the IT team